RE: [Xen-devel] xenblkd/744 error

To: "Vincent Hanquez" <vincent.hanquez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] xenblkd/744 error
From: "Neugebauer, Rolf" <rolf.neugebauer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 00:06:21 +0100
Cc: Ted Kaczmarek <tedkaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel List <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:04:09 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:-)

> I have the same errors as well,
> it seems like the directory memory or the node target in this
directory
> doesn't exist when trying to read it in the balloon

I see other store "corruption" ie entries disappearing as well.
Sometimes uuid/domid entries for dom0 for example, especially after
domain destruction. The refresh/reaper is probably a bit too eager :(

I think part of the problem is that currently xend uses a mixture of
xstransact style state and xsobj and friends to store information. I
don't understand the xsobj stuff enough to debug this (Christian is
aware of this)

rolf