[Xen-devel] Re: xm list error changeset:6796

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 10:22 -0400, Sean Dague wrote:

> > > Can you check if it's been fixed by cset 6828?
> > >
> > > cheers,
> > >
> > > S.
> >
> > xm list is definetly behaving better, xm destroy is still having issues.
> >
> > The best test for xm destroy in my case is to try to start a domain that
> > is unable to mount root filesystem, once that happens the only way to
> > get rid of that domain is to kill xend and purge the files. Doing an xm
> > list shows the domain crashed. Will start a new thread on this.
>
> Dan Smith, can you create a test case for xm-test for that condition?
>
>       -Sean

Just got a panic on Dom0 as well

Test Case
Bring up 4 DomU's
from terminal on 4th DomU issue a reboot
xm list is toast

And this leads to the panic on Dom0

xm create -c domain4
Using config file "/etc/xen/domain4".
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/xm", line 10, in ?
    main.main(sys.argv)
  File "/usr/lib/python/xen/xm/main.py", line 729, in main
    handle_xend_error(argv[1], args[0], ex)
  File "/usr/lib/python/xen/xm/main.py", line 163, in handle_xend_error
    raise ex
xen.xend.XendProtocol.XendError: (3, 'No such process')

And the panic
kernel/workqueue.c:170

Unfortunately my only console cable was on the wrong machine :-(
If needed I may be able to reproduce, got hg down, must say the
mercurial cheat sheet is splendid.

Are you guys getting any mails from the list?

Starting to suspect my ISP, as my mail volume is very light today.

Ted