RE: [Xen-devel] A weird behavior of xenconsole on XEN/IA64

To: "Anthony Liguori" <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] A weird behavior of xenconsole on XEN/IA64
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:23:00 +0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:20:50 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>From: Anthony Liguori [mailto:aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx]
>>
>>I can see domU boot messages flushed out immediately, but quiet at
about
>>ACPI initialization. Then I have to do:
>>
>># Ctrl + ]
>># xm console 1
>># Ctrl + ]
>># xm console 1
>># Ctrl + ]
>># xm console 1
>>

>I'm not sure I fully understand, you're hitting Ctrl + ] and it's not
>taking you out of the console?

No, Ctrl+] can take me out of the console. What I mean is, when domU
boots to place around ACPI init, there's no console output then. Then I
started to log on/off the console several times. However the first two
"xm console 1" got no output at all. Only the third "xm console 1" can
make domU continue to boot and output. If without the third, domU also
halt there and the xenconsole page also shows no updated content.

Thanks,
Kevin