RE: [Xen-devel] 3.0-testing Status

To: "Anthony Liguori" <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] 3.0-testing Status
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:42:14 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 09:40:01 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I was curious if there's an estimation on when 3.0-testing is
> going to be declared?  Is there a list of things that are
> outstanding before it will happen?

Renaming the -unstable tree would be a fairly pointless exercise so we
haven't done so. We've been operating in 'testing' mode for some time,
working our way through the issues that are reported (and the ones that
our extensive regression test infrastructure 'XenRT' picks up).

Many of the oustanding issues are to do with the wide variety of
hardware platforms xen is run on. To this end Dan/Chris/Tim have worked
over the summer to create an automated 'test CD'. The CD is by no means
as extensive as XenRT, but is targeted specifically to find h/w platform
issues (does it boot, does network work, video, disks etc). We'll
officially release the CD as soon as there are no platform-related
issues on any of the machines we have access to (which is a fair range).
We're quite close to that.

As regards when we release 3.0.0, I'd expect to see solid rows of green
'pass' boxes on XenRT, and a set of control tools that work robustly.

Ian