Re: [Xen-devel] Live Migration algorithm in Xen Unstable ; tracing pre-c

To: Rami Rosen <rosenrami@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Live Migration algorithm in Xen Unstable ; tracing pre-copying stage
From: Jacob Gorm Hansen <jacobg@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 10:14:56 +0200
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 08:15:12 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rami Rosen wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I want to understand Migration and Live Migration in Xen and to trace
> the code
> which implements it.
>
>   I had read the "Live Migration of Virtual Machines" doc
> from the  Architecture page of Xen WebSite.
> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/netos/papers/2005-migration-nsdi-pre.pdf
>
>  Two Migrations methods are being dealt with: Managed Migration and Self
> Migration.

Hi,

I am currently rewriting self-migration in Linux for Xen 3. Right now it
is at a stage where it can live-checkpoint itself to disk, and resume
from the checkpoint with my cstrap bootloader. I will post the code when
it is ready.

The managed migration is (if it works right now) in the normal Xen tree.

Jacob