Re: [Xen-devel] Multiple Nics on unstable crash

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Multiple Nics on unstable crash
From: James Dykman <dykman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 13:29:34 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 17:27:41 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>prefer bugzilla let me know.

This sounds like bugzilla #183. gnttab_end_foreign_transfer() finds
shared[ref].flags is GTF_accept_transfer and happily returns a null
frame, which is then happily mapped. When it is dereferenced, you crash.
If I change gnttab_end_foreign_transfer to wait for the grant, it never
seems to complete properly. I'm still working on

>FC4, domU config of nics=3, nics are complied into kernel, stock Xen
>options on build.

I'm on FC3; nics=2 is enough. It fails on the first packet AFTER the
second interface receives its first packet.

Jim