[Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] Break the building/save/restore code out

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] Break the building/save/restore code out into a separate library libxenguest.
From: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:11:47 -0500
Cc: Christian Limpach <Christian.Limpach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 02:10:36 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Xen patchbot -unstable wrote:

+LDFLAGS  += -L.
I considered linking libxenbuild against libxenctrl this way however I've found that even if you have -L., often you'll get linked to a library in /usr/lib instead. If you're running in the build tree, this can result in very unpredictable results.

Is there a better way to do this? It seems better to force an app to include both libraries. I can submit a xen-config script that takes a --libs option to simplify this.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori