RE: [Xen-devel] Daily Xen Builds

To: "David F Barrera" <dfbp@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Daily Xen Builds
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:42:01 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:40:17 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 2) x86_32p (PAE)
>
> -- SLES 9 SP2 and RHEL 4 on IBM xSeries 305s (512M RAM) and
> 235 (1G RAM)
> * The SLES 9 SP2 boxes FAILED TO BOOT Dom0 when built with PAE
>       * Two (2) machines exhibiting this problem
>       * Last message on console is the 'xen memory scrubbing' line

Please can you investigate by building and test booting versions between
when it last worked for you and today -- it would really help us narrow
this down quickly. Doing binary chop you should be able to narrow it
down to a handul changesets without too many boots.

> 3) x86_64
>
> -- SLES9 SP2 and FC4 on IBM HS20 EMT64 blades (1G RAM)
> * Builds and boots on SLES 9 SP2
> * Problems starting xend (below)
>
> * ISSUE(S):
>
> * Bugzilla #62 - Losing network when starting xend.
>   * Still experiencing this problem on the SLES9 SP2 x86-64 boxes.
>   * Both SLES 9 SP2 boxes lose networking when 'xend start'
> is entered.

Please can you post xend.log, plus also the result of 'ifconfig' and
'brctl' before and after running 'xend start'.

Thanks,
Ian