[Xen-devel] VMX Hardware

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] VMX Hardware
From: Goetz Bock <bock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:44:42 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:50:31 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry for the cross post.

My server finaly quitted to work :-(, but I had planed to upgrade at the
end of the year anyway.

As the VMX hardware is supposed to be out "soon" I actually wanted to
wait for it to hit the shelvs first.

Looks like I can not do this. so I've a question for the informed.

What hardware should I get now, and still be able to upgrade to VMX when
it's available? If possible only by getting a new CPU.

I was planing for either a Pentium D and Athlon X2 (prefered), the low
end server market.

My server used to run 8 DomUs (it was a Pentium 4, 2.4GHz /w HT) but the
new one should be able to handle about 16.
--
Goetz Bock       (c) 2005 as     blacknet.de - Munich - Germany   /"\
IT Consultant  Creative Commons  secure mobile Linux everNETting  \ /