Re: [Xen-devel] Java Problems

Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Java Problems
From: Peter <peter.spamcatcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 09:29:39 +1200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Reuben Kabel <kabel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 10:47:15 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oh. And to just simplify this test case a little more I bypass Java altogether and use this little C gem. It also triggers the problem.

#include <stdio.h>
float s_i = 0.75;
void test(float i) {
        if(i!=s_i) {
                printf("error\n");
        }
}
int main(char **args) {
        printf("Starting\n");
        long i=0;
        for (i = 0;i<100000000; i++) {
            test(s_i);
        }
        return 0;
    }

Starting
errorStarting
Starting
Starting
Starting
errorerrorerrorerrorStarting
errorStarting
errorStarting
Starting
Starting
Starting
errorerrorerrorStarting

Peter wrote:
Hi.

I don't have a 2.0.7 to test on at the moment.  I will try again when I do.

I got rid of the object allocation inside the loop. And I retested. I don't hit the problem with int's on the call stack. I do hit the problem with floats and doubles.

The problem is quite easily reproducible (for me). Is someone there with knowledge of register/stack handle able to take a look with gdb or which ever tool you use?

Regards, Peter
http://rimuhosting.com - Xen VPS Hosting