Re: [Xen-devel] exception looking up device number for hda

To: takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] exception looking up device number for hda
From: Arun Sharma <arun.sharma@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 22:38:42 -0700
Cc: Mike Wray <mike.wray@xxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 05:37:09 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Arun

disk = [ 'file:/var/images/min-el3-i386.img,hda,w' ]

Please test the following settings. disk = [ 'file:/var/images/min-el3-i386.img,hda1,w' ]

And, it is necessary to rewrite /etc/fstab of domU.

I'm not looking for configuration help for domU.

I was looking for suggestions as to how:

a) IDE hard drives for VMX domains should be configured
b) VBD based devices for VMX domains should be configured

and the bad failure mode for (a) when the user misconfigures it.

        -Arun