Re: [Xen-devel] Status of sedf?

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Status of sedf?
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 02:47:32 +0100
Cc: Andy Lee <andylee@xxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 01:45:58 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I am running xen-2.0-testing and would like to use the sedf scheduler,
> which is only in unstable right now.  When will sedf appear in
> 2.0-testing?

I don't think it's planned to be included but there again I don't think anyone
has asked...  -testing generally only accepts bug fixes now (a bit like the
Linux 2.6.x.y series).  -unstable is a separate project to produce Xen 3.0
and so features aren't generally backported.

> Or could I copy unstable's xen/common/sched* into testing and
> recompile?

There's a thought...  That might *almost* work but there may be other internal
API changes that stop it working prorperly.

-unstable will go into feature freeze in the next couple of months anyhow, so
you won't have to wait long before you can get a release with the new
scheduler.

Cheers,
Mark