Re: [Xen-devel] Genapic in 32-bit Dom0 (Was : More Problems booting 32-b

To: "Magolan, John F" <John.Magolan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Genapic in 32-bit Dom0 (Was : More Problems booting 32-bit Domain 0 on ES7000 x86_64)
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 09:45:06 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Vessey, Bruce A" <Bruce.Vessey@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Subrahmanian, Raj" <raj.subrahmanian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 08:39:03 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No, try giving domain0 genapic a go.

 -- Keir

On 4 Aug 2005, at 20:31, Magolan, John F wrote:

I am trying to boot 32-bit Xen on an ES7000 x86_64 box. I am running 32 bit Sles9 on the box.

We have figured out why Dom0 was getting into lost-interrupt situations. (Re : Bugzilla 138)

Dom0 is setting up the system IO-APICs in flat mode, but the ES7000 architecture needs to be in clustered-apic mode.

What would be the best way to fix this? The ideal way seems to be to turn on genapic on Dom 0 for 32 bit just like it is on x86_64. That way, machine specific changes would be picked up automatically. Is there a reason why genapic is not turned on?

Thanks in advance,

John Magolan
Unisys Corporation
Tredyffrin E227