[Xen-devel] disk I/O QoS in 3.0?

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] disk I/O QoS in 3.0?
From: Matt Ayres <matta@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:13:02 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:11:31 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On the Xen RoadMap for 3.0 a feature listed is:

"Enhanced QoS features. Xen already enables control over the CPU and
network usage of domains, but we plan to improve this support by adding
soft real-time scheduling capabilities to enable upper and lower bounds
to be set on a domain's resource usage. Providing better tools support
for disk scheduling and accounting is important too."

I keep track of the code changes and haven't seen anything specifically
for improved disk I/O accounting and QoS.  Has worked been done on this
(or perhaps something I missed) or is this a feature that we should not
expect to see?

--
Thanks,
Matt Ayres