Re: [Xen-devel] Shared buffer-cache and VM 'forks'

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Shared buffer-cache and VM 'forks'
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:10:37 +0100
Cc: Brendan Cully <brendan@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:09:09 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I noticed you have "Shared buffer-cache and VM forks" on the Xen
> research roadmap. It sounds like an interesting project to me. Is
> anyone actively working on this idea now? If not, I may start playing
> with it myself, and I'd love to hear any ideas people have about the
> best way to go about implementing it.

Shared buffer cache is my department, although it generally comes under the
heading of "XenFS" since I'm implementing VFS-level page caching first.  The
same infrastructure should be applicable later on to block-level buffer
caching.

Feel free to prod me for further details.  I'll probably put some more blurb
online in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Mark