[Xen-devel] vif limitation to 1500 bytes (no vlan ?)

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] vif limitation to 1500 bytes (no vlan ?)
From: Yann Dupont <Yann.Dupont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:37:39 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:36:14 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello, this is a follow up of a post on xen-users
I realize this post will probably be more adequate on this list.

I have a small problem; Is there a known limitation on vif code -
Network-device backend or frontend - which prohibits the usage of tagged
(802.1q) frames inside a domU ?

In dom0 I have a bridge with eth0 (epro1000) wich is connected to a
802.1q port
this same bridge has also a vif connected, corresponding to a domU.

Inside this domU , I can use vconfig to have numerous interfaces derived
from the vif, one by vlan,
BUT can only safely use a MTU of 1496. If I use the default MTU I have
problems.

For the moment I have solved the problem by using the physicall
interface INSIDE the domU. But I'd like to know if this problem is known ?

--
Yann Dupont, Cri de l'université de Nantes
Tel: 02.51.12.53.91 - Fax: 02.51.12.58.60 - Yann.Dupont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx