Re: [Xen-devel] DomU crashing on x86

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 14:55 -0700, Nivedita Singhvi wrote:
> David F Barrera wrote:
> > We are seeing a problem in xen-unstable where DomU crashes immediately
> > after booting on some x86 boxes. In my case, it is happening on a couple
> > of machines that have SCSI drives and where DomU is a SLES 9
> > installation. Here's some data on my setup:
> >
> >             Dom0            DomU            Dom U Crash?    SCSI
> >
> > Machine A   SLES 9          SLES 9          Yes             Yes
> > Machine B   SLES 9          RHEL 4          No              Yes
> > Machine C   RHEL 4          SLES 9          Yes             Yes
> > Machine D   FC3       SLES 9 and Debian     No              No
> >
> > The only thing I see in common in the machines that fail is the SCSI
> > drives.  Machines B and C are identical; the others are different
> > models.
>
> Dave, what are your boot options?

The boot options for DomU are:

# Kernel image file.
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xenU"
# Optional ramdisk.
# ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-2.6.12-xenU"
# The domain build function. Default is 'linux'.
builder='linux'
# Initial memory allocation (in megabytes) for the new domain.
memory = 256
# A name for your domain. All domains must have different names.
name = "vm1"
disk = [ 'phy:sda9,0809,w','phy:sda8,0808,w' ]
# Set if you want dhcp to allocate the IP address.
# vif = [ 'mac= AA:00:00:47:CB:34, bridge=xen-br0' ]
# Set if you want dhcp to allocate the IP address.
#dhcp="dhcp"
# Set netmask.
#netmask = '255.255.255.0'
# Set default gateway.
# gateway = '9.53.94.0'
# Set the hostname.
# hostname= "vm%d" % vmid

# Set root device.
root = "/dev/sda9 ro"
# Sets runlevel 4.
# extra = "4"

--
Regards,

David F Barrera
Linux Technology Center
Systems and Technology Group, IBM

"The wisest men follow their own direction. "
                                                        Euripides