[Xen-devel] questions about get_user_pages()

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] questions about get_user_pages()
From: wei huang <huanwei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:05:00 -0400 (EDT)
Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:03:47 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have a question about get_user_pages:

Does the get_user_pages return page_list that can be directly used by
dma_map_sg in xen0? (of course, we do sg[i].page = page_list[i] before
that.) What I actually mean is that if there is any tricky part wrt
pseudo physical address vs actual machine address here.

And I remember once I read that in xen0, the psedudo-physical address and
the actual machine address are the same. Is it still (or ever) the case
for xen-unstable?

If yes, that means nearly all memory operations, eg mapping, dma, etc. can
be performed in xen0 without any problem? Am I right?

Thanks.

Regards,
Wei