[Xen-devel] Re: IDLE domain is scheduled more than dom0

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: IDLE domain is scheduled more than dom0
From: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:53:53 +0000 (UTC)
Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 14:54:32 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>       Shouldn't IDLE domain not be scheduled for most time? Because
> idle task will call into PAL for power save on XEN/IA64, the performance
> is really, really bad to boot Dom0. The net effect is about ten times
> slower. After adding "sched=bvt", everything back to normal.

If the sedf scheduler is scheduling the idle domain when
domain0 is runnable, surely this is affecting performance
on x86 also and is a bug that should be fixed?

Has anyone done any performance testing (on x86) since
sedf was checked in as the default?

Dan