Re: [Xen-devel] self-contained kernel tree

To: Nils Toedtmann <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] self-contained kernel tree
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 16:05:55 +0100
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 15:00:45 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 1 Jul 2005, at 15:50, Nils Toedtmann wrote:

till a few days ago, it was possible to diff linux-2.6.11[.12] against
patched linux-2.6.11.12-xen-3.0-devel and to re-apply that patch on a
vanilla tree to gain a self-contained xenolinux kernel tree. I liked to
do that for seperating kernel trees from xen trees (or to make kernel
SRPMs).

Unfortunately, there is a "-I ../tools" now somewhere in the kernel
build :( Is there a way to bring the required tools-headers back insinde
the kernel tree?

That'll probably be the xenstore header files. I think the best pragmatic place for those is xen/include/public/io --- it's kind of illogical because Xen doesn;t actually use or export any of the i/o primitives, but it does mean that everyone can get at the headers because everyone has the Xen public headers on their include path. That's what I did for the old control-interface headers.

 -- Keir