Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Cleaning up SCM debug

To: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Cleaning up SCM debug
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:44:00 +0100
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xense-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:38:59 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 23 Jun 2005, at 04:20, Anthony Liguori wrote:

public/acm.h defines both an ACM_DEBUG flag and a printkd function that, if ACM_DEBUG is defined will convert to a printk. public/acm.h is included by userspace applications where printk isn't necessarily meaningful. Furthermore, it appears ACM_DEBUG is only used within Xen anyway so making it apart of the public headers doesn't make much sense.

Therefore, I'd like to move ACM_DEBUG and printkd into acm/acm_core.h. While at it, it seems like a good idea to change the printkd into either one of the existing Xen debug macros or to get rid of it altogether.

I wanted to check first to see if there was an emerging standard macro (a quick glance shows printk, DPRINTK, PRINT, and I'm sure there are at least a few more). Recommendations are appreciated.

If they are debug printk's then they should map onto DPRINTK. The PRINT macro is specific to debugging within the SEDF scheduler.

 -- Keir