RE: [Xen-devel] bitkeeper gone in 2 weeks - which RCS?

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 22:35 +0100, Ian Pratt wrote:
> BTW: We now run our own bkd because bkbits.net hasn't been very reliable
> recently. the unstable tree is available as
> bk://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.bk
> If you don't want to use bk, the open source bk-client and sourcepuller
> both work fine against it. I expect we'll continue to mirror stuff
> through to BK regardless.
>
> Hopefully we'll get a hg mirror on xenbits.xensource.com soon as well.

Since it looks like things are leaning more towards mercurial at the
moment, I decided to check it out.  I hadn't previously paid much
attention to it since I could see that any projects were making use of
it and thought it was just too early in development to be practical.  I
have to admit I was very impressed with several aspects of it, but it
does seem to be lacking in a number of areas as well.

I don't know if this feature is important to anyone but me, but hg
currently doesn't allow you to pull a specific revision, making testing
back through versions to find the point where something broke very
difficult:

--
Thanks,
Paul Larson