Re: [Xen-devel] xen http interface - xensv

To: Jason McCandless <jasonmccandless@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xen http interface - xensv
From: Steven Hand <Steven.Hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 14:31:32 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 13:30:43 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> What is the status of xensv currently? Why has it been dropped from
> unstable?

XenSV was heavily reliant on the twisted framework; when we rewrote
xend to not require twisted, xensv was a casuality. Given that it
hadn't actually worked for quite a while anyway, we decided to remove
it for now.

> I am considering picking up the torch. Would I be better advised to start
> anew with apache and perl/python/whatever instead of the twisted framework
> used in xensv.

I think it'd be best to avoid re-introducing twisted; it's a cool
framework but rather overkill for what we want.

Building a nice GUI/web front end would be great -- though you may
want to take a look at some of the existing projects out there (e.g.
clarkson I think have some s/w as well as a few others -- check the
archives).

cheers,

S.