Re: [Xen-devel] kernel: attempt to access beyond end of device

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] kernel: attempt to access beyond end of device
From: Wm <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 22:08:24 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 30 May 2005 11:15:04 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 05:47:07PM +0100, Sam Johnston wrote:
> Actually, yes - it is an LVM volume. Sorry - I should have specified
> that before. We'll have a closer look at the LVM config and see if we
> can't work out what's up.

I've seen this happen in dom0 with LVM but only with snapshots, and
the problem only seemed to manifest itself in domain0, when i
reexported the snapshot to a xenlinux instance i was able to
tar it all up.

I was also able to dd if=/dev/vg-disk/snapshot
of=/dev/vg-disk/notasnaphsotofthesamesae

Without any beyond end of device errors.

My domain0 is running 2.6.11.7, built with a snapshot from xen-2.0-testing
but with Xen 2.0.5.

Wm