[Asterisk-Dev] Re: [Xen-devel] asterisk, ztdummy, and usb (and HZ = 100

To: <kwik>
Subject: [Asterisk-Dev] Re: [Xen-devel] asterisk, ztdummy, and usb (and HZ = 100 under xen ???)
From: "Andrew Thompson" <asteriskuser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 10:00:19 -0600
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Being subscribed to both lists, I thought I'd funnel this through to the asterisk-dev list as possibly informative. (Note that you must be subscribed to the asterisk-dev list to post there.)

Mark Williamson wrote:
The problem is that the ztdummy driver assumes 1000HZ,

Do you mean it has a hardcoded value instead of using the "HZ" macro??? I'd consider that a bug - have you tried contacting the codes maintainers?

and a 2.6 kernel under xen . I worked around it by making the ztdummy driver count 10
ticks for each jiffy. My music on hold works now but clicks and pops a
bit which I think may be because of my kludge.

Good to know it's working. Just *please* don't use Green Sleeves or anything by Vivaldi! (I've spent too much time in telephone queuing systems this year - it's made me a bit sensitive to hold music ;-)

Cheers,
Mark

Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/