Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Should shadow_lock be spin_lock_recursive?

To: Michael A Fetterman <Michael.Fetterman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Should shadow_lock be spin_lock_recursive?
From: Arun Sharma <arun.sharma@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 15:40:30 -0700
Cc: "Ling, Xiaofeng" <xiaofeng.ling@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 13 May 2005 22:39:45 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Michael A Fetterman wrote:

However, those calls to put_page(X) should never result in calls
to free_domheap_pages(), as X's refcount should always be >= 1
because of the get_page performed in free_dom_mem().

So that tells me the refcount on X was already broken before we got
here...

Thanks for the explanation. It was a patched xen that we were testing and the problem may have been caused by our patch. We'll try to look closely at the patch to figure out why the refrence counts were wrong.

        -Arun