Re: [Xen-devel] atropos again

> Stephan,
> Thanks a lot for sharing the SEDF patch. BTW, where can I find the
> reference to use it?

SEDF patch now in the public unstable tree, too! Check it out!
There should be a mini-HOWTO, with some examples.

> Is the usage similar to Atropos (for example, "xm
> atropos DOM PERIOD SLICE LATENCY XTRATIME")?

xm sedf DOM PERIOD SLICE LATENCY XTRATIME WEIGHT

Where:
PERIOD, SLICE: times for guarantees (NANOseconds)
LATENCY: currently ignored, recompile with other #define's in
sched_sedf.c (ns)
XTRATIME: flag, set to 1 and domain gets idle cpu time additional to
it's share
WEIGHT: use, if you don't want to specify periods/slices, simply
distributes the cpu according to these weights

Example:

xm sedf 1 20000000  5000000 0 0 0
xm sedf 2 25000000 12500000 0 0 0

-dom 1 gets 25% cpu share (5 ms every 20 ms)
-dom 2 gets 50% cpu share (12,5 ms every 25 ms)

xm sedf 1 0 0 0 0 0 1
xm sedf 2 0 0 0 0 0 5

-dom 2 gets 5-times more cpu than dom 1
-in total they get 95% - utilisation of fully specified domains

Hope this helps,
  Stephan