Re: [Xen-devel] cpu specific fields in getdomaininfo

To: Kip Macy <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] cpu specific fields in getdomaininfo
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 07:32:03 +0100
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 May 2005 06:34:15 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 9 May 2005, at 01:11, Kip Macy wrote:

From my usage standpoint, cpu_time should be the highest of all of the
vcpus, PAUSED and BLOCKED should be the logical AND of all the vcpus
and RUNNING should be the logical OR of all of the vcpus, processor
should simply be moved to getvcpucontext or be made into separate
field along the lines of the bitmask discussed previously.

None of these fields make much sense to aggregate and ought probably to disappear from GETDOMAININFO. Possibly cpu_time should be the *sum* of all individual vcpu times. I think your method aggregating paused/blocked/running is probably the sanest.

 -- Keir