[Xen-devel] A question on frame_list

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] A question on frame_list
From: Pradheep K E <pradheep.ke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 11:53:28 -0500
Delivery-date: Sun, 08 May 2005 16:53:03 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello

I was wondering what the frame_list array holds. From what I have seen
in domain.c and other files, it seems like it holds an array of struct
pfn_info* for every machine page that is allocated to a domain. Is
this correct?

However, when I try to traverse the array from xen through all the
machine pages that are allocated to a domain (alloc_start thro'
alloc_end right-shifted by PAGESHIFT), I see that I cannot dereference
all pages (the machine reboots when I dereference some pfn_info's)!
Also, I observed that the inuse.type in these pfn_info's is not
exclusively PGT_L1 or PGT_L2 type. So I guess I am not reading the
right pfn_info's but I'm kind of clueless as to what's going on here.

Is there another way to traverse thro' the machine pages allotted to a domain?

Any suggestions/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Pradheep.