Re: [Xen-devel] How to query the number of vcpus?

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] How to query the number of vcpus?
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 15:50:50 +0100
Cc: Ryan Harper <ryanh@xxxxxxxxxx>, Kip Macy <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, christian.limpach@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 14:47:04 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1. http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-04/ msg00412.html 2. http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-04/ msg00890.html

There's already a cpumask in Xen for physical CPUs (or will be -- it's
called cpuset right now, but that's going to change to fit the Linux
convention).

It probably makes sense to rename cpumap to vcpumask, or at least to
vcpumap.

Just ignore my previous email -- I completely misunderstood that the cpumaps you added really are physical cpu maps and not virtual cpu maps.

cpumap_t is a reasonable name as at least it won't conflict with type names internal to Xen.

However, why pass a pointer to a cpumap_t into PINCPU? And should we cater now for systems with too many cpus to be represented by a long?

 -- Keir