Re: [Xen-devel] policies on coredump

To: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] policies on coredump
From: Kip Macy <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:57:11 -0700
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 00:56:52 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My plan is for coredump to write out the domain state in a generic
format and then post-process that into the format expected by the
kernel GDB for a given OS. I can envision using the suspend support
for offline state inspection by simply post-processing the output of
suspend to disk into coredump format. I don't see anyone else
clamoring to use xen as a development environment so I'll worry about
that later.

      -Kip