Re: [Xen-devel] glibc patch for TLS?

To: Michael Long <nikarul@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] glibc patch for TLS?
From: Nils Toedtmann <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:31:49 +0200
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:31:41 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Am Donnerstag, den 21.04.2005, 00:28 -0500 schrieb Michael Long:
> I've been experimenting with Xen on a Gentoo Linux box, and I've run
> into the problem that some binaries cause the Xen to generate a TLS
> warning and go into compatibility mode, even though I've moved
> /lib/tls to /lib/tls.disabled.  I figure I have some static binary
> causing it, though I am not sure what.  I saw someone mention that
> there was a patch for glibc to allow Xen to run with TLS libraries,
> and I'd like to try it out, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.  Is
> it available for public testing?  Thanks.

Just discovered a glibc for fc3 built on tuesday:

  <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/downloads/RPMS/fc3/>

It's an older fc3-glibc (2.3.4 from 2004/12/19), but it contains a
"glibc-xen-tls.patch"! Did not try it (yet), but maybe that's it. The
packager did not maintain the changelog of the specfile, so i cannot see
the actual differences to the original fc3-glibc.

/nils.