Re: [Xen-devel] make mkpatches broken

To: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] make mkpatches broken
From: Nivedita Singhvi <niv@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:37:51 -0700
Cc: Paul Larson <plars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, kmacy@xxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:36:58 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ian Pratt wrote:

I think there's still an outstanding question as to whther its possible
to configure bugzilla to enable anonymous bug sumbissions (no login). If
so, we'll go with bugzilla to enable crosslinking with other bugzillas.
If not, I porpose to just go with the Trac server we already have.

Anyone know?

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to do that. Bugzilla
seems to require a user login (email/pw).  All of the
documentation also suggests so. The two bugzillas I've
worked with (OSDL's and IBM internal) are set up to
require a login.

You could set up a dummy login account and a default mailing list
as the email if needed, would that be sufficient for your
needs? From what I can see, it's important to be able to
exchange email with the submitter, so having it be a genuine
email is useful. Is an anonymous login a showstopper?
Is the issue supporting the submitter login accounts?

thanks,
Nivedita