RE: [Xen-devel] "Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M"

To: <tarawa1943@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] "Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M"
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:26:16 +0100
Cc: christopher.w.clark@xxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:26:24 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [Xen-devel] "Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M"
>
> Thanks for your response, and how would you suggest that one
> would fix that?
> It hangs in the boot process!

Have you tried messing with the 'floppy=' parameter on the kernel
command line?
See Documentation/floppy.txt

Alternatively, just config the driver out of your kernel, to confirm
that this is what is causing the hang.

We use the floppy driver in PIO rather than DMA mode, and this is must
be causing the probe code to get confused under some circumstances.
(thinkpad floppy drives are somewhat notorious, and there's lots of work
arounds in the probe code)

Ian