RE: [Xen-devel] Diskless boot at cambridge

To: "Jacob Gorm Hansen" <jacobg@xxxxxxx>, "James Bulpin" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Diskless boot at cambridge
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:15:03 +0100
Cc: Kip Macy <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:14:52 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I am using Grub 0.95 with an UNDI patch I found somewhere,
> that means I can PXE-boot from some (at least e1000) network
> adapters not directly supported by Grub.

I've found that the Grub UNDI patch still only works on a subset of
machines. I've not had any luck with on board tg3 NICs.

Tim Deegan is looking into a multiboot patch to pxelinux, which should
be a good generic solution for booting in the local area. For co-lo
machines, you can't beat Xenoboot.

Ian