[Xen-devel] Re: XenCD 1.0rc01 available

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: XenCD 1.0rc01 available
From: Paul Ionescu <i_p_a_u_l@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 00:16:49 +0300
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 21:19:40 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 19:39:49 -0800, Jared Rhine wrote:

> A release candidate for XenCD v1.0 (1.0rc01) is now available:
>
>   http://files.wordzoo.com/xencd/xencd.iso.gz
>   http://software.wordzoo.com/xencd
>   svn://software.wordzoo.com/xencd/trunk
>
> If no one flags any bugs with this release, it'll be promoted to v1.0final
> without changes.
>
> There is a roadmap defined in the README, but the community hasn't weighed
> in much on the direction, so feedback is earnestly welcomed.
>
> Changes in this version compared to 1.0pre02 include:

I played a little with the XenCD and have the following reports:

It works on an IBM ThinkPad R50p with 1.5 G RAM.
Sometimes it fails to start the 2 xenU domains, but then if I start them
by hand, seems to work. But till now seems this is random behavior.

I tried to launch it in a VMware 4.5.2 and 5.0 Beta1 (512 M ram allocated
to VMware ), and while the Xen0 domain seems to work, the xenU domains are
not working every time. The console of one of the xenU domain shows some
call traces, and a kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception in
interrupt.
And when I try to "xm destroy 1" sometime it just hangs and never returns
to prompt, and all subsequent xm commands are stuck.

Thanks,
Paul