Re: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable domU smp broken for vcpus > physical cpus

To: Ryan Harper <ryanh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable domU smp broken for vcpus > physical cpus
From: Ryan Harper <ryanh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 10:34:43 -0600
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 16:34:59 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
* Ryan Harper <ryanh@xxxxxxxxxx> [2005-04-02 02:34]:
> * Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2005-04-02 01:36]:
> >
> > On 2 Apr 2005, at 00:25, Ryan Harper wrote:
> >
> > >Rik mentioned in #xen on irc.oftc.net that his smp domU was crashing.
> > >Mine was working and we started to investigate.  Turns out that using
> > >xen-unstable from 2005-04-01 when domU is launched with vcpus >
> > >physical
> > >cpus, domU, and in my case, Xen itself crash.  Attached is the debug
> > >log
> > >of Xen going down.
> >

> > great would be to know in which changeset the bug first appeared: was
> > it actually 1st April, or is that just the only one you've tested with
> > vcpus > pcpus and so it could have been there for weeks or months?
>
> I'm fairly certain that I've had vcpus > pcpus in domU working fine as
> recent as 2005-03-31, but I'll backtrack and verify.

I just built the 2005-03-31 snapshot, dom0 is SMP, two vcpus, and booted
domU with 4 vcpus with no problems.  Building 2005-04-01 in a simliar
fashion now yields an oops in domU and one error [1]output from Xen.
I then went to destroy the domU that I created and Xen went down.  And
appearently, I don't have xen-sysms set up right as nont of the
addresses are translated into function names.

Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx
(512) 838-9253   T/L: 678-9253
ryanh@xxxxxxxxxx

1. (XEN)

(file=/home/rharper/work/openhype/xen/unstable/20050401/b/xen/include/asm/mm.h,
    line=160) Error pfn 000073ae0