Re: [Xen-devel] extremely slow disk access

To: Xen User <xen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] extremely slow disk access
From: Nivedita Singhvi <niv@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:23:55 -0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 21:25:36 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Xen User wrote:

2.6.10-xen0 boots with no errors, but the mouse seems jerky and slow to respond but is functional.

Networking is up and functional.

The drives are IDE in a raid0 using lvm. The m/b is typical budget x86 with 1GB ram and 1GHz Athlon. It has been in various uses without failure for a couple years.

This may be irrelevant, but how much of the memory are you
allocating to dom0 in your configuration? I had similar
symptoms when running under 64MB.  Increasing the amount
of memory in my system (I happen to have 256MB for dom0 now)
eliminated all of the jerky and slow behaviour.

Others have reported no problems, however, when running in
low mem conditions.

thanks,
Nivedita