Framebuffer (was [Xen-devel] Xen port of ReactOS)

To: "Ge van Geldorp" <gvg@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Framebuffer (was [Xen-devel] Xen port of ReactOS)
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:31:13 +1100
Delivery-date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 05:49:27 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fwiw, I think a ReactOS port would be very useful to both projects.

One thing I think xen could do with (if it isn't there already) is some sort of
virtual framebuffer like with disk and network. Dom0 could provide the backend
of the virtual framebuffer (on virtual consoles or inside X windows or
whatever), and the other domains could make use of the exported framebuffers.
It wouldn't be great for performance, but would provide a simple interface to
the other domains, and be reasonably migratable.

James