RE: [Xen-devel] The 64 megs at the top

To: "Jacob Gorm Hansen" <jacobg@xxxxxxx>, "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] The 64 megs at the top
From: "Ling, Xiaofeng" <xiaofeng.ling@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:11:21 +0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 07:13:12 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Some of my understanding, For ia32,  the VA address space really used will
depned on the physical memory of the machine.
Like RO_MPT(4M),  RDWR_MPT(4M), FRAMETABLE(24M) will all depend on the whole
machine memory.
the MPT need 4bytes for each page, so for 256M machine memory need 1M(both va
and pa)
The pfn_info struct seems 24bytes,so each 4K page will need 24bytes, 256M
memory will need 6M.(Both va and pa)
The linear page table will only occupy va address space, but always the whole
4M.
For other physical memory, the xen binary is only about 300K, others are for
xen heap.