RE: [Xen-devel] "virtual cluster" debug support

To: "Kip Macy" <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] "virtual cluster" debug support
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:19:30 -0000
Cc: "Xen Developers" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:26:00 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Please review the following diff. I will follow up with a signed off
> patch with the required fixes.
>
> http://www.fsmware.com/xenofreebsd/gdb/050318/clusterbkpt.diff

Kip,

I think it would definitely be better to have a separate dom0 op to set
the domain group rather having it as part of the create operation. It's
something that you might want to change after the domain's creation
(though create will fill in a default of groupid = domid).

I'm not keen on the proliferation of dom0 ops, and I expect we'll merge
a number of them into a 'get/set domain parameter' operation at some
point, but for the moment, I think the best soloution is adding a
DOM0_SETDOMAINGROUP.

Thanks,
Ian