[Xen-devel] Custom Domain 0 Kernel Hang/Reboot

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Custom Domain 0 Kernel Hang/Reboot
From: Stephen Le <zeroion@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 06:12:10 -0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 14:13:43 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I've been attempting to make a custom kernel for domain 0, and all the
kernels I've made have either hanged or rebooted immediately after the
following two messages:

Scrubbing DOM0 RAM: ..done.
Scrubbing Free RAM: ...done.

I'm on an IBM Thinkpad T40 running Debian unstable. I've tried using a
known working kernel configuration and various minimal configurations.
The minimal configuration I'm using is posted here:
http://www.evilcoder.com/xenconfig

If I use the default configuration that comes with the xen-2.0 source
package, the kernel boots perfectly. Is there something I'm enabling
in the kernel configuration that's incompatible with Xen?

Thanks.