Re: [Xen-devel] AGP & Binary Nvidia Drivers

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] AGP & Binary Nvidia Drivers
From: Jerome Brown <jerome@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 09:04:39 +1300
Delivery-date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 20:05:14 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ian Pratt wrote:

>>Well, I decided to start here. I removed the old driver and tried to
>>reinstall it, to be told that it requires MTRR to be enabled in the
>>kernel. (I must have accidently compiled against the wrong
>>sources last
>>time). When I try to add this to with ARCH="xen" make menuconfig, the
>>option does not present itself. Is there a way to enable this in the
>>config, or would doing so be A Bad Thing (TM)? (I am also
>>interested in
>>getting my soundcard going, and the ALSA sections are also not
>>displayed, but that is the next challenge!)
>

> What version are you using? Xen/Linux has supported MTRR in the default
> config for sometime.

I'm using xen-testing from ~ 3 March, Kernel 2.6.10, as patched by the
Xen install script. When I rung my ARCH="xen" make menuconfig I don't
get presented with these options at all, and some of the menu options
when you select them don't display anything. Is this more likely to be a
make problem?

> I've never tried sound. There's a fair chance it will just work
> providing it doesn't use ISA DMA.

Is an onboard PCI chip, so I expect it will go!

Thanks in advance

--
Jerome Brown
Technology Architect

P: +64  3 961-5116
M: +64 29 453 7663
F: +64  3 961-5129
E: jerome@xxxxxxxxxx
W: http://www.hub.net.nz/
O: Level 4, 818 Colombo St, Christchurch, New Zealand
S: PO Box 1879, Christchurch, New Zealand