RE: [Xen-devel] Missing FD0 when using XEN kernel with Linux 2.6.10

To: "John Kane" <smak_@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Missing FD0 when using XEN kernel with Linux 2.6.10
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:44:27 -0000
Cc: <ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:45:01 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I've been unable to get my floppy controller working with a
> Xen kernel.
> When I start under a Xen kernel I get:
> Floppy drive(s): fs0 is 1.44M, fd1 is 1.2M
> floppy0: no floppy controllers found

We currently don't have support for ISA DMA, which the legacy floppy
driver (as opposed to USB floppy) requires.

Not sure how best to fix this. We could rejig the memory layout to give
dom0 the bottom 16MB (as opposed to its current bottom 1MB), or
alternatively perhaps it would be sufficient to build an isa dma zone
out of free pages in the bottom 1MB.

Perhaps someone who cares about ISA DMA support could volunteer? I
personally haven't used a floppy in years...

Ian