Re: [Xen-devel] Proposal for init/kexec/hotplug format for Xen

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 15:28 -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> I'd rather batch my complexity up to where it only has to be written
> once and not every time you port an OS.  Keeping things simple for the
> guest (like this) seems reasonable to me.

I think you are going to have to write some OS specific code every time
you port an OS anyway. The question is where it ends up.

With the registry approach you have a clean protocol in domain 0 and the
guest OS specific code stays in each corresponding guest OS.

With the batching up the complexity approach I think there is a risk
that you end up with a bundle of guest OS specific code all coupled
together in the domain 0 code which seems less good to me.

--
Harry Butterworth <harry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>