[Xen-devel] Big xend bug!

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Big xend bug!
From: Jerone Young <jyoung5@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:25:35 -0600
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 05:33:16 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
While working on another bug I ran head long into an issue with xend.
When running LTP Test Suite (ltp.sf.net) simultaneously on both Dom0 & a
virtual domain.

Not going to get a chance to debug till Tuesday, I wanted to see if
others on the list could easily reproduce this on there machines. It
takes a while to get the machine in this state, because you need to wait
while LTP runs.

Here are some of my notes:

Running with Xen-unstable Feb 24, 2005
Running ltp-full-20050207
on IBM Netvista model# 8305g (Pentium 4 2.GHZ)

Case 1: Dom0 run ltp with NO virtual Domains
        REBOOT WORKS FINE

Case 2: Just Dom1 (vitual Domain) run ltp
        REBOOT WORKS FINE

Case 3: Dom0 & Dom1 both running LTP simultaneously
        First Run:
        - console to virtual domain hung, virtual domain still can be
reached via ssh
        - xend totally crashed
                - can't restart or get status from it xm

        - When I hit a key to got from the virtual console I got the
message:
        sleepython:Objects/obmalloc.o:580:PyObject_Malloc: Assertio
'bp != ((void*)0)' failed.

        - run "xm console 1"
          (111, 'Console refused')
           ERROR: Error connecting to xend, is xend running?

        - On Dom0 shutdown -h or -r does not work.
        - On Dom0 only "reboot -f" will work.

--
Jerone Young
Open Virtualization