[Xen-devel] network problem from guest domain

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] network problem from guest domain
From: "sh1978a@xxxxxxxxx" <sh1978a@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:09:32 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:02:05 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have taken the latest from xen-2.0-testing branch and I am able to
start guest domain successfully. But somehow network in guest domain is
not working..

Here goes all the basic details:

# xm create -n -f 1
Using config file "1".
(vm
    (name sh1)
    (memory 128)
    (image
        (linux
            (kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.10-xenU)
            (ip
192.168.2.111:1.2.3.4:192.168.2.1:255.255.255.0::eth0:off)
            (root '/dev/hda1 ro')
            (args 4)
        )
    )
    (device (vbd (uname phy:vg1/d1) (dev hda1) (mode rw)))
    (device (vif (mac aa:00:00:00:00:11) (bridge xen-br0)))
)

----

Now if I login into guest domain (using xm console), pinging to
192.168.2.1 does not work.

Guest domain:
#ifconfig eth0
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr AA:00:00:00:00:11
          inet addr:192.168.2.111  Bcast:192.168.2.255
Mask:255.255.255.0

Base domain:
In the base domain ther is vif4.0, but it's mac addrc is not that of
guest domain and vif4.0 don't have any ip address assigned.. (seems
some problem here?)

#ifconfig vif4.0
vif4.0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF
          BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1

# brctl show
bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled    interfaces
xen-br0         8000.0007e9d226d2       no             eth0
                                                       vif4.0

Base domain has IP address 192.168.2.110 and it can successfully access
the network.

Not sure what I am doing wrong in the setup..

Thanks,

sachin