[Xen-devel] Unable to open initial console on dom0

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Unable to open initial console on dom0
From: anil prasad <anil411@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:10:52 +0530
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:42:58 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I am new to Xen. I tried to use it with RHEL4 alongwith 2.6.10 fresh
linux kernel.

Dom0 kernel gets loaded but it gets struck after printing "Unable to
open initial console"

Here is my /etc/grub.conf configuration:
---------------------------------------------------Begin-----------------------------------------------
title Xen 2.0 / XenLinux 2.6.10
        kernel /xen.gz dom0_mem=131072 root=/dev/sda5 com1=9600,8n1
        module /vmlinuz-2.6.10-xen0 root=/dev/sda5 ro "console=ttyS0"

Somewhere on the web, I read that Xen causes trouble if devfs is being
used for /dev entries but RHEL 4 doesn't use devfs. I checked up
CONFIG_VT and other related configuration options in dom0 kernel which
are ok.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Anil.