Re: [Xen-devel] A reorganization of Xen sources is necessary before int

To: "Philippe Berthault" <Philippe.Berthault@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] A reorganization of Xen sources is necessary before integrating Xen into Linux.
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:57:28 +0000
Cc: "Xen-Devel" <Xen-Devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:06:27 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 21 Feb 2005, at 16:14, Philippe Berthault wrote:

I have searched assembly code in Xen sources (xen-unstable)
and I'm very surprised because the assembly code isn't located
in 'arch' directories.

Clean-up work is ongoing -- you'll notice that Xen itself contains no assembly code, or other arch-specific routines, outside the arch subdirectories. The particular XenLinux file you point out is our one rather arch-specific driver -- that one is likely to get moved to arch/xen/i386 at some point. There is some work to be done on the tools: no architecture apart from x86 currently uses them.

Is there a plan to reorganize source code into a better and cleanest
architecture ?
I thinks this would be mandatory before integrating Xen into Linux.

Xen and XenLinux are already clean (apart from that one driver file), so this is not a barrier to getting our Linux changes integrated into the mainline repository.

-- Keir