Re: [Xen-devel] New to Xen: Can Xen Work with OpenMosix?

To: George Lenzer <georgelenzer@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] New to Xen: Can Xen Work with OpenMosix?
From: "Vincent Hanquez" <tab@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:47:45 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:49:28 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 06:41:43AM +0000, George Lenzer wrote:
> Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this question.  In that event,
> please point me in the right direction.
>
> My question is whether or not I can use Xen with OpenMosix.  The
> upshot of what

A guest OS is too specialized and too deeply hook into the lowlevel, for
openMosix to migrate that. If you plan to use it for other normal processes,
that's probably possible.

> However, seeing that both OpenMosix and Xen modify the host kernel, I
> am not certain that this will work at the host system level.  I'm also
> not sure if using multiple Xen systems and attempting to cluster the
> Xen guest systems would work either.

cluster Xen guest systems in openMosix is probably possible with few
development (it should be easy to do..)

--
Vincent Hanquez